Re: [stella] Math riddle : Loading TIM64T with 43 burns only 36scanlines (not 37)

Subject: Re: [stella] Math riddle : Loading TIM64T with 43 burns only 36scanlines (not 37)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:01:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 10 May 2004, [iso-8859-1] Christian Bogey wrote:

> I noticed the latest demos I wrote generated only 261
> scanlines instead of 262...the only thing I changed
> was the use of TIM64T (instead of looping 37 WSYNC)
> for the Vertical Blank, so I made some tests and I
> located the source of the problem :

At first glance I don't see anything wrong with it.

<TOTAL PARANOIA> Maybe your version of z26 isn't counting lines right?
</PARANOIA>

Trying inserting the following lines into your code before the frame loop:

Setup_Playfield
    LDA #$ff
    STA PF0
    LDA #$04
    STA COLUPF

Start_Frame

Assuming z26 can sync on a 40 line display (I think it can), you should
be able to count the number of active scanlines by hand.  You might want
to make sure you're using the "wide-spaced scanline" video mode to make
counting easier...I think it's mode 6?

-Chris