Re: Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] BCD to pointer.

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] BCD to pointer.
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:58:10 +0200
Glenn Saunders wrote:
> I'm not talking about storing the score values itself, but the pointers to
> the graphics of each digit (to be loaded via Y indirect).

> In Death Derby I have to reserve two bytes of RAM to point to each frame of
> digit graphics, hence 12 bytes.

But you only need those pointers temporarily. The high pointers can be
set very simple and fast, so they can be reused for other temporary
variables very easily. And setting up the low pointers just before the
display kernel starts should usually also be no big problem.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |