[stella] Sea Wolf type score w/ independent colors

Subject: [stella] Sea Wolf type score w/ independent colors
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 13:26:52 -0700
I thought I'd open up a thread here to continue a discussion started on AtariAge:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=611359#610786

Basically, I challenged Thomas to do a Sea Wolf type score (2 digits left, two middle, two right) where each pair of digits would have an independent color. I told him I thought it would be impossible to do, and Thomas found a way to do it.

I'm including the code here so that it gets added to the Stellalist archive.

Thomas, could you please explain the code? I've already looked at it and have a good idea how it works but it would be nice if you explained it yourself.