Re: [stella] The Dig?

Subject: Re: [stella] The Dig?
From: Greg Miller <gmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:14:10 -0500
Lee Fastenau wrote:

Also, a friend and former coworker of mine uses Google AdSense on her
website to generate enough revenue to pay for hosting.  The ads get a lot of
hits due to their contextual relevance.  They are text-only and (I think)
CSS-skinnable, not crappy animated banners.

They get a lot of clickthroughs by putting 4-5 ads in a single banner, box, or skyscraper. The CTRs of the individual ads seem to be lower, on average, than those of the untargeted graphical ads other companies serve up. However, the auction format makes prices for advertising in many categories much more expensive than untargeted ads, so you can make a lot of money if you're running the right site. Unfortunately, gaming isn't a money category. They've recently added support for graphical ads as well.

--
http://www.classic-games.com/         http://www.indie-games.com/
"Iraq may not be the war on terror itself, but it is critical to