Aw: Re: [stella] 2600 emulators vs. MAME

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] 2600 emulators vs. MAME
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:21:14 +0200 (CEST)
Hi there!

> On Monday 17 May 2004 11:49, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Did any of you ever try "Ghosts'n'Goblins" on a newer version
> > of MAME? They seem to utilize some interesting technique of
> > making it look like if you where staring at a real arcade
> > monitor.

> They simulate an arcade monitor by doubling the pixels and making
> every other scanline much dimmer.  I've seen other emulators
> (C64, Colecovision, etc.) that do this as well.  I thought one
> or both of the current 2600 emulators had this feature as an
> option already.

No, no, way cooler than that! I'll try to make a screenshot asap when I'm home!

Wait, i found some screenshots of Gauntlet "doing it":

With "bilinear filtering":
http://glmame.linuxgames.com/gaunt1.gif

Without "bilinear filtering":
http://glmame.linuxgames.com/gaunt2.gif

Look carefully at the font for example. A major improvement!

Greetings,
Manuel