Re: [stella] 2600 emulators vs. MAME

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 emulators vs. MAME
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:55:03 -0500
I don't think the Bilinear Filtering is the effect that was initially spoken about. I've seen various effects that simulate scanlines and phosphor fade, among other things. These are the effects that really give you the appearance of an arcade monitor (or any CRT monitor, for that matter). Bilinear Filtering is just nice when you are running a game full-screen in a resolution not directly supported by your monitor. This is especially true on LCD panels, although some of my LCD panels do bilinear filtering on their own, so this isn't always an issue.

..Al