[stella] stella bitterness

Subject: [stella] stella bitterness
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:28:41 +1000
It's sad to see such bitter politics enter into the [stella] list, which has
always been about friendly sharing and learning.  Without trying to take
sides in the 'debate', I would suggest that sarcasm, cycnicism and
bitterness have no place in this forum.  I well-understand the problems
inherent in closed-source software being sold commercially and the
likelyhood of that software 'borrowing' from open-source -- and also the
ludicrous situation where two emualtors are 'competing' and one is using the
source code of another to achieve satisfactory emulation.  However, these
arguments and the bickering and most especially the sarcastic bitterness
don't belong on the [stella] list.  IMHO, of course.
For the record, I think Z26 is a stellar emulator and it's been a workhorse
for me over the years -- and I am mucho grateful to the developers.  I also
think Stella has been a wonderful platform for many years for lots of other
people.  The early release of the stella code as open-source was extremely
helpful.  It's disappointing to see the authors/maintainers of both
emulators in such a public brawl, and doesn't reflect well on anyone in the
community.
Cheers