Re: [stella] Crash 'n Dive (v0.10)

Subject: Re: [stella] Crash 'n Dive (v0.10)
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 23 May 2004 01:39:53 -0000

> Gravity, friction and bouncing also still requires some fine tuning.
>
> Originally I had planned to make this a joystick game, but maybe I
> should switch to paddles instead (there is some time in kernel left).
> What do you think?

If you don't go with paddles, you might consider a little side to side
inertia.  That might have a good feel.

Over all it looks and moves in a very cool way.

One thing I enjoyed in playing with it as a toy rather than as a
game (I wish there was a good word for that kind of play, pursuing
your own goals and/or making your own game inside of an existing game)
was bouncing back up into a platform, which is nice 'cause it prevents
you from drifting way way up.  I guess if there's a timer element,
that could be a big enough incentive to try to hit the ceilings.

> BTW: Yes, I am looking for a better name. :-)

Pitfall?

No wait, that's been done.

Hmmm.   "Fallball"?  Kind of goes well with Splatform.

"Smashing Well"?  As opposed to "Wishing Well" (don't know if
the name is cross-cultural, a well you toss coins into to make
wishes...) feh, if it requires that much explanation, I guess not.

"The time has come," the walrus said, / "To speak of manic things,
 Of shots and shouts, and sealing dooms / Of commoners and kings."--Thurber