Odp: [stella] AOTM AFOS New Version

Subject: Odp: [stella] AOTM AFOS New Version
From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:46:23 +0200
    2) When I added couple of instructions to the overscan, the ufo was behaving weirdly. It changed X pos. by a few pixels from time to time. Why? Does it mean that overscan is full of code? I thinked of adding some variations to the game, like faster missiles, missiles that keep Xpos with ufo, or missiles that chase player. If the overscan is full, where will I insert all these?... poor me.

    OK, I think I figured it out. It happened also when I added some game data What I think is: when I put some more data after the ship, or in the overscan routines, I made distance between UFO positioning code, and it's data longer - and probably, the loading instructions took more time, 'cause they had to cross the page boundary. So when I changed place of the UFO data, everything got back to normal.
    Am I correct?

    Maciej