Re: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:22:48 -0700
I am officially shelving Death Derby until Stella or Z26 has a debugger. If that guy who said he was going to do this for Stella doesn't deliver in the next 6-12 months I will just learn C++ and do it myself out of complete and utter frustration. My hat's off to those who can finish games without a debugger. I can't follow 6502 assembly well enough in my head to do that.

There is no way I'm going to get anywhere with the limited time I have available if I'm doing everything through dumb iterative trial and error. Too many bugs are too subtle to see through visual feedback for that to work once you get beyond the kernel phase and on to things like game state management (where I am now).