Re[2]: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re[2]: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?
From: zu03776 <zu03776@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:13:01 -0500
GS> I am officially shelving Death Derby until Stella or Z26 has a
GS> debugger.

GS> Too many bugs are too subtle to see through visual feedback for
GS> that to work once you get beyond the kernel phase and on to things
GS> like game state management (where I am now).

When I was working on my music player, I broke down and used PCAE on a
PC to debug some of the logic I was using.  Otherwise I would still be
hunting for some of the bugs I created.

The website it used to be on (pcae.vg-network.com) has disappeared.
Annoying download site: http://www.vg-network.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=2610

As long as you're not debugging display issues (no dynamic screen
display), I think PCAE could work for you.

Didn't the official Activiison Atari 2600 packs include a debugger in
the emulator?  Too bad we can't get *that* code GPL'd.  :)