Re: [stella] Fall Down release candidate

Subject: Re: [stella] Fall Down release candidate
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:18:35 -0400
On Friday 03 September 2004 16:02, Aaron wrote:
> I'm calling this one a release candidate, because I'm totally out of space
> to add stuff now (seriously, I mean it this time :)).

You'd be surprised at the space some of the people on this list can squeeze
out given the opportunity.  :)  The release candidate is more appropriately
when you feel your creation is done and there's nothing more to do to it.

> Improved AI.  It uses the wrap-around edges intelligently

It sure does!  That really adds to the challenge and fun of the game when
playing against the computer.  I'm glad to have such an opponent!

> When using the speed-up power-ups, your acceleration increases now as well.

Speaking of the power-ups, is there supposed to be an upper limit as to how
many you can collect?  I've noticed that after collecting a few, when I grab
another, I lose them all.

There might also be a bug in this limit.  I found that one some occasions I
could only collect three, but in others I could have four.

Just make sure to mention this in the manual.  :)

> Cycling the B&W/Color switch will pause the game.

Very nice.  Unfortunately I don't have a Cuttle Cart II with which to transfer
it to my 7800 to try out, but such a feature is a good addition.

I have only one cosmetic suggestion.  Please either tone down the white
background or take it out - it's really bright when it fills the entire
screen.

I'm looking forward to seeing a cartridge release of this.  It's great fun!

- Erik