Re: [stella] Reflex: Yeah! Skipdraw incorporated!

Subject: Re: [stella] Reflex: Yeah! Skipdraw incorporated!
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:51:12 -0400
On Sunday 05 September 2004 23:19, Lee Fastenau wrote:
> Anyway, new binary/source.

This is the first time that I've tried out Reflex.  I really like the concept!
I'm fond of the Breakout/Arkanoid-style games and this is an interesting
twist.  (It's probably the closest we'll ever get to the arcade Off the Wall,
too.)

The title screen theme is a nice touch, especially with the little equalizer
display at the bottom.  :)

According to your source file, you're planning on implementing a ball velocity
table and multiplier.  I presume this means things will speed up as a round
goes on.  Paddle "english" has a state of "W" - is this for work-in-progress?
That will definitely add a lot to the game, because right now the ball always
moves at the same angles, and hitting it with the left or right side of the
paddle changes nothing.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are you planning for the
difficulty switches (if anything), and how will the game get harder as you go
on?  Will the ball's speed increase?  Will the paddles get smaller?

Will there be different deflection noises as in Super Breakout?  :)

At any rate, I like what I see so far.  Keep it up!

- Erik