RE: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff

Subject: RE: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff
From: "Bob Colbert" <rcolbert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:29:27 -0500
My guess is that it will be the real code running on a miniaturized
version of the 2600 hardware.  I recently picked up a "Super Joy"
joystick at the mall that has 100+ NES games in it (and it even has a
cartridge slot albeit a Famicom slot).  The entire NES is in the
controller, and while I don't have the actual adaptor to allow me to
plug NES games into the slot, reviews on the web state that the games
work.  If they can do that with the NES, then the owners of the original
2600 chipset could easily have them miniaturized.  I've kind of become a
collector of the "system in a joystick" releases that have come out
recently.  I'm sure you have all seen the new 2600 games in a paddle
released by Jakks Pacific, in a 1 and 2 player version.  I haven't
picked either up yet, but they look fun!  It would have been wonderful
if the Atari console had a cartridge slot, allowing us to use the nice
RCA out instead of the modulated video we now live with.  (Yes, I know
about the video hacks)

	Bob