Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff
From: Joseph Thompson <jrt1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:56:22 -0500
Jacob Rose wrote:

Albert Yarusso wrote:

While I don't (yet) know specifics about the hardware, I highly doubt it is actually compatible with 2600 and 7800 software. It's likely some off-the-shelf solution that they programmed the games from scratch for [...]

Really! Wouldn't that be a lot more work than using an existing emulator, a la Activision Anthology (where your name appears in the credits, I noticed!), even for a few (20) games?

I'll put up a review on AtariAge once I get my hands on one.

I look forward to it!
Jacob

I'm buying one also, if only because, well, it does have a few great games on it . . . I suspect Famiclone-on-a-chip, though. . . Just like all the rest. Well, actually, aren't the Namco/Sega sticks Genesis-on-a-chip, really? Seems like it'd be easier to make a TV Boy clone. . .