Re: [stella] An offer to host the stella list and archives

Subject: Re: [stella] An offer to host the stella list and archives
From: Thomas Boutell <boutell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:16:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Paul Slocum wrote:

> >If folks are happy with the stella list being hosted where it is, that's
> >100% OK with me. Just wanted to put the offer out there. I would host it
> >via GNU Mailman, with pipermail archiving.
>
> I definitely think we should move it.  Things have been broken for a long
> time and it takes way too long to get anything fixed.
>
> But maybe we should look into setting it up on the Atariage server or
> something?  Are you sure you want to host this list on your own server
> FOREVER?  It's just that this list has been around for a LONG time and
> people come and go all the time.  If we move it, it should be a place that
> we know will be able to host it for a long, long time.  (and on a server is
> regularly backed up)

Well, boutell.com has been on the web for ten years, which is about as
long as that's been technically feasible, but by all means do what you
think is best for the group; it's just an offer. Is atariage directly
affiliated with the stella list? Perhaps the stella list should register
its own domain, in care of some trusted longtime member, so that it can
be hosted whereever the group sees fit any given year.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.

Sync my card with your PDA or address book: http://tocard.biz/a7oiljb6