Re: [stella] Missing messages

Subject: Re: [stella] Missing messages
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:30:21 -0500
At 7:29 PM -0500 9/8/04, Albert Yarusso wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2004, at 7:10 PM, Russ Perry Jr wrote:
>> At 6:13 PM -0500 9/8/04, Paul Slocum wrote:
>>> The archive search was never properly fixed AFAIK.  The list was
>>> down for weeks recently.  Now two months of archives are missing.

>> Not missing; they never went up.  I think that's an important
>> distinction.

> They are still missing as of present--are there plans to put them up?

Again, consider the distinction -- the posts are not "missing",
they simply have not been added to the archive.  The plan has always
been to add them, it's just taking a long time.  I agree that this
is frustrating, but I don't think it's worth leaving Biglist over.

>> No, I don't believe that one yet.  If anyone can offer proof of
>> this, please email me directly with all the details, and I'll look
>> into it.  A couple people didn't see one email that I and others
>> DID see.  That's not a Biglist problem.

> We are running our own mail servers and I did not see the email you
> are talking about and I highly doubt it's a problem on my end,
> especially if other people have also reported that email missing.
> If it's not a Biglist problem, then what would it be?

How could it BE a Biglist problem if others have seen it?  Perhaps
someone else between your mail servers and Biglist's servers ate it,
but it simply can't be Biglist if others got it.  Unless you're
suggesting that there was a hiccup there in sending it, and only
part of the list got it?  I think that unlikely, but admit it's a
possibility.  But with an average of, what, five or so servers in
between, it's more likely it went into the ether in between.

>> Considering that they're donating the list for no cost, I think we
>> can all understand that we'll not be a high priority.

> Just curious, what benefits do paid customers get, and how much does
> it cost?

I've never asked, since it's never really been a big issue.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||