Re: [stella] Missing messages

Subject: Re: [stella] Missing messages
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:34:36 -0400
On Wednesday 08 September 2004 20:10, Russ Perry Jr wrote:
> Considering that they're donating the list for no cost, I
> think we can all understand that we'll not be a high priority.
[...]
> Please don't take this as a knock against Thomas, or you, or
> anyone else who's offered to host a list, but I think most to
> all of us have other things in our lives that would
> practically ASSURE that problems would get put off on any
> other list as well as this one.

So are there people at biglist who are Stella subscribers?
Because it seems to me that a list run on servers controlled by
one or more Stella members is going to receive higher priority
than one running on an uninterested party's hardware out of the
goodness of their hearts.  (But I also agree that people come
and people go, and biglist hasn't kicked us off in however many
years stella has existed.  I don't care so much about the
archives, having my own local copy of every post since I joined
in 1999 or so.)

I agree with Paul that biglist's prices for fully supported
service are significantly higher than average.

Rob