RPG

Subject: RPG
From: Paul Slocum <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:35:10 -0500
finally have a little something new to show on the RPG. I'm pretty much finished the kernel for fighting monsters when you have an encounter. If you walk around in the game now, it will generate encounters randomly. You can't fight anything yet and the monsters are fixed right now, but soon it will actually be a playable game! The most interesting new kernel piece is the section that is able to display the names of 3 monsters (up to 8 characters each) with 2 color status indicators alongside a 16x39 bitmap picture of one of the monsters.

I've also added the ability to define zones on the map that are more or less dangerous. So when you're in an open field or on a path, you'll be safer than when you venture into the forest. You can't really tell that the zones are working from this demo, but when I get it adjusted better I think it'll be a nice feature, and key to the game design.

-paul