Re: [stella] Missing messages

Subject: Re: [stella] Missing messages
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:27:55 -0500
At 2:00 AM -0400 9/9/04, Rob wrote:
> On Thursday 09 September 2004 00:51, Russ Perry Jr wrote:
>> Yes, but you were using the term "missing", which I was trying
>> to carefully point out wasn't the right term, as it implies
>> that the archive will NEVER have those posts.

> They're supposed to be there, they're not.  People miss them.
> Therefore, they are missing. ;)

Ugh, fine.  Did anyone get my point though?

> Come clean, Russ.  Who's the lucky lady at biglist? ;)

Let's not trivialize.  I just won't throw away a free service that
has been pretty stable over the past *8* years for an unknown one.

If anyone really wants to do something about this, I recommend
just setting up a receiver with a separate archiving system, as a
backup.  Connect it to the Dig then, or perhaps take up Andrew's
offer and put it on the site he offered.

BTW, the note Dennis said went missing DID show up in my inbox, so
it's not missing either.  So, still no proof that any emails are
really missing.  I haven't heard from Biglist yet, but I'll let you
all know what they say when I do.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||