Re: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor

Subject: Re: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jacob,

> I guess I still don't
> understand why you wouldn't allow a cartridge to go to 8k (or even 32k),
> though? Isn't 4k more of an arbitrary limit, nowadays?

Not at all IMO. I prefer to limit myself to 4K too. As others have said
doing a game in 4K or 2K or 1K is a challenge.

Sometime in the future an idea may not lend itself to fitting in 4K. I
will still do my best to squeeze it into my limits. If I can't then I'd
still be okay and be able to sleep at night knowing that I did my best
(and [stella] too) to optimize as much as possible.

BTW, I think Larry Kaplan once said no VCS game would need to go over
2K...or something like that. Then again, I remember Bill Gates saying
something like a PC will never require more than 640k RAM ;-)

Take care,
Dennis