Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It

Subject: Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:20:49 +0200
Hi there!

Hm... not yet, the poll is still running.
I'm just tired of waiting ;-)

Getting the ol' Stella itch, are you?

Yup! My wifes away on a LARP over the weekend, and I definitely need to do something. I have too! ;-)

At the moment it looks like I can do levels with minor structure changes, I hope I can post a demonstration demo of "Easy Does It" tommorow.

The level looks awesome so far.

Thanks! Attached is the promised update with structure changes applied. Costs 28 bytes of RAM for this level. I guess I can reserve half of Stellas RAM for stuff like that, so next I'll sort out the levels that'd require more than 64 Bytes for structure changes.

BTW: This more or less kills the vb idea for more colors I think. As I understand, it'd require twice the data(?) so in this case twice the RAM...

What sort of sprite flicker will it use?

Hm... no flicker on Jumpman, but probably worst case scenarios where it can go down to 20 Hz for bombs/ropes and enemies on certain levels.

Well, I still have no clue where the real overkill starts. A fully assymetrical Playfield with two sprites to draw and all three particles might simply not work out, depending on the enemies number, movement schemes or level layout...

On mirrored levels repositioning might possibly reduce flicker, for example.

I fear I'll end up programming 20 separate games, one for each level... ;-)

Greetings,
	Manuel