Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It

Subject: Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:02:08 +0200
Hi,
Manuel wrote:
> Thanks! Attached is the promised update with structure changes applied.
> Costs 28 bytes of RAM for this level. I guess I can reserve half of
> Stellas RAM for stuff like that, so next I'll sort out the levels that'd
> require more than 64 Bytes for structure changes.

So, how are you doing that if not by using asymmetric PF graphics?

> BTW: This more or less kills the vb idea for more colors I think. As I
> understand, it'd require twice the data(?) so in this case twice the RAM...

Sorry, I do not understand (but I would like too ;-)

> Hm... no flicker on Jumpman, but probably worst case scenarios where it
> can go down to 20 Hz for bombs/ropes and enemies on certain levels.

With assymetrical, non striped playfields, you won't be able to reposition
at all. So, how about striping it?

> I fear I'll end up programming 20 separate games, one for each level... ;-)

Is there a link where I could see all those levels? And which do you think
may be doable and which not? I must admit I never played the game
long enough to get very far.

Have fun!
Thomas
Thomas Jentzsch         | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at web dot de |
Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist
WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200