Re: [stella] Jumpman: Beginner Levels

Subject: Re: [stella] Jumpman: Beginner Levels
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:25:10 -0400
On Sunday 19 September 2004 07:47, Manuel Rotschkar wrote:
> I'm just done transfering the doable levels from the "beginner" set,
> attached is all source code so far this time.

First off - wow!  I'm very impressed so far.  I'm really hoping that this
turns into a finished game; I have fond memories in my youth of playing
Jumpman on the Atari 8-bit computers, and in later years on my PC with the
Jumpman Lives collection.

> Guess it'll take a while until I'm finished with the next set... :-)

This inspires a question about game construction philosophy...

When you're making a game that has a great many number of levels, do you find
that is better to design most of the levels first and then write code to
accommodate them, or design a couple of levels, write the code for them,
design a couple more levels, and so on?

- Erik