Re: [stella] katamari damacy, sick and twisted

Subject: Re: [stella] katamari damacy, sick and twisted
From: "mike m." <bomberpunk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
not crazy at all, man!

what's up Nick. i've been on the stella list for over
a year now, although i've NEVER posted a message;
until now.

i played the japanese version of katamari damacy a few
months ago at my cousin's house and have been since
anticipating the US release of this game. after going
to a dozen stores, i finally found a copy.

anyway, i don't even know why i'm on this list. i know
0% about 2600 programming and almost every email i
read, i'm like "huh?". but i love the files. i love
seeing and experiencing the progress from the first
prototype to the final release that gets sold on
AtariAge.

and that's 'cause i'm a programmer myself. but in a
different language; Qbasic. well, to make a long story
short, the reason i replied was because i had made a
stripped-down basic version of Katamari Damacy in
Qbasic. if you want ot try it out, i've attached the
BAS file. just open it in Qbasic and hit SHIFT+F5 to
let 'er rip!

i'd love to help out any way i could to get your
spinoff game in action. in fact, my game may set a
good starting point for you to expand on.

if you want to email me back directly, use
bomberpunk@xxxxxxxxx

cheers,
Mike

http://stella.biglist.com/unsub/stella/bomberpunk@xxxxxxxxx