Confused newbie...

Subject: Confused newbie...
From: Kevin Lipe <kevin.lipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:45:49 -0500
I've been looking at ways to get started on my kernel for the game
I've outlined here:
http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58196

And... really, to be honest, I thought I understood how sprite
positioning worked when I read Andrew's tutorials at AtariAge but now
that I'm sitting down actually trying to hack on my kernel for this
game, I don't really understand it that well at all. I started a
thread at AtariAge asking about how skipDraw worked, and I understand
what that code is doing, but I really have no idea how to actually set
up my code to position sprites... and that's kinda important.

What would be the best way to position sprites and such in a kernel
for the game concept I was talking about in the above thread? Attached
is the code I've got right now, which just makes a really pretty
playfield and nothing else.

Thanks a lot!

~ kevin lipe