Re: [stella] Big Dig

Subject: Re: [stella] Big Dig
From: Joseph Thompson <jrt1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:13:57 -0500
Christopher Tumber wrote:

it's possible to get stuck between 2 brown blocks on
either side of you and 1 brown block underneath you.

to get around this, maybe you could
1) make them breakable, but they decrease the score
2) include a bomb supply that clears the entire line
you are in.

In the "source material" you can remove brown blocks but it eats up a chunk of your time. Assuming I do add the timer element that's likely the way I'll go.

Other power-ups might be a nice idea (bombs, &etc), but probably beyond the scope of my version...

This is an awesome game. I'd wondered whether or not the Mr. Driller mechanic could be done after a fashion on the 2600, but I figured that one this good was impossible. I'm glad it's not . . .

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at
You are subscribed as: jrt1@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe, send email to: