Re: [stella] Confused newbie...

Subject: Re: [stella] Confused newbie...
From: Kevin Lipe <kevin.lipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:49:04 -0500
> I suppose you want to reposition your sprites *inside* the kernel, right?

Well... now for my new small(er) project I want to do it outside the
kernel. I've gotten a table of horizontal positions from a [stella]
post with the source to a version of Gunfight in it, and used an ORG
$FE00 like in that code to keep it from crossing a page boundary...
but, what would some very basic code for horizontal positioning look
like to be used during VBlank?

The new game, tentatively titled Super Killer Attack Llamas, is kinda
like a cross between Space Invaders and Yars Revenge, i guess...
basically the player is Good Llama, at the bottom of the screen, and
they're fighting Bad Llama at the top of the screen. Bad Llama is
shooting down at Good Llama, who has a few playfield objects to hide
behind, and must use the cover to shoot up at Bad Llama... that's
really it. Bad Llama occupies 8 scanlines and Good Llama occupies 8
scanlines, and they both can only move horizontally, so there's no
need to Vertical positioning because they will -always- be on those
scanlines...

Right now I'm messing around with positioning the missiles.

Sound good to everybody? Sound terrible? I'm sure I've annoyed all of
you with my newbie questions, but the SPG really hasn't explained
anything about missiles and such to me.

One more question:
What would be some example uses for the ball? i can't figure out what
it's for, other than Pong.

Thanks!
~ Kevin