ADMIN (was Re: [stella] Reply-to broken)

Subject: ADMIN (was Re: [stella] Reply-to broken)
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:42:20 -0600
At 2:11 PM -0500 11/15/04, Kirk Israel wrote:
> I'm all for it as long as the new list manager is extremely
> reliable, has decent search and archive functions, handles
> attachments, a proven trackrecord, etc. But I want to hear
> what any possibly dissenting voices have to say first.

I'll repeat what I said last time...

I do NOT plan on moving stella.  Despite some recent problems,
biglist HAS been reliable in the past.

That said, I have also NOT been against the idea of a shadow list.
I could see the archives being duplicated for The Dig, and though
it would be a pain, how about sending posts to stellalist and
another list so both have it?

If anyone wants to put a list together -- Thomas has already
volunteered twice -- I'm not against it.  But I'd prefer to see
actiivity stay on biglist.

Update:

The Reply-To thing has already been fixed.

A question for you guys (email me directly, not the list) --
did any of you try to submit a post between 10/27 and 11/08?
I know of the following posts in this timeframe, so no need
to tell me about these:

> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [stella] more tia schematic questions
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Adam Wozniak <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [stella] more tia schematic questions
>
> Subject: Fwd: Cosmic Guerilla 2600
> From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 16:17:40 +0100
>
> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:28:42 -0500 (EST)
> From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [stella] Sky Diver Disassembly?

It would help to know if these are the only ones missing, since
Biglist received them -- we need to see if the problem is just
that they're not being transferred properly, or if others are
being lost entirely too.  I hope to have the messages above sent
through, but it still may be a day or two before we see them.

Archives are still up in the air, but I've told my contact about
the dissatisfaction, and so he's hoping to get to it "soon".  I
don't know when though.

If you find a bug with the list, send it to beta@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Please do NOT abuse this address -- don't send gripes, but only
use it to report bugs, and supply as much information about the
bug as possible.  It would probably help to mention that it's
for "stella" too...

My contact also had this to say; just wanted you guys to hear it
in his words, not mine:

> We do want to continue to host the list, and there are a lot
> of great things in the works, including a revamped archiving
> system.  My hope to move you directly to the new archiving
> system was too optimistic; I was hoping to save some time and
> effort, but I agree that five months is unacceptable.  I'll
> do what I can to get the archives updated.  Give me a week or
> so - in addition to the new software release, we're also
> moving ourselves and the company to a new state, so there's
> more than usual on my plate.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||