AtariVox High Score Saving, etc.

Subject: AtariVox High Score Saving, etc.
From: Paul Slocum <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:41:59 -0600
I'm sure most of you have seen the AtariVox board:

http://www.richard.hutchinson.dsl.pipex.com/new_page_5.htm

It includes a 32K EEPROM where you can save high score data and stuff. I think it would be cool if some of the past homebrews added support for this. I'm going to do it with Marble Craze if I can find enough free space.

There's good technical documentation on the page and it includes some easy-to-use code to get you working with the EEPROM (and speech chip). They've included a specification of a system setup block that currently includes TV information (PAL/NTSC/60Hz/50Hz) so you can automatically set up your game accordingly. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm finally hammering out a new Atari 2600 music sequencing program (been planning this for a long time) and I'm going to use the EEPROM to allow the user to save sequences.

-paul