Re: [stella] AtariVox EEPROM file format

Subject: Re: [stella] AtariVox EEPROM file format
From: Paul Slocum <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:47:12 -0600

Modern consoles usually have a memory-card maintenance program built-in, so
why not an AtariVox companion cartridge to do the same thing?

Yeah, if something like that's programmed, it should definitely also be made available on cartridge. But it'll work a lot better for people with Superchargers (and other ROM emulators) since they can download updates when new file types/static areas are designated, and it'd be free. Although I suppose people could order the program on socketed board with no case which would make it a little cheaper and easy to update.

I'd probably be willing to program something like this at some point since I'll already be programming some of what's needed for my music sequencer.

-paul