Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Jumpman Experiment

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Jumpman Experiment
From: Nick Bensema <nickb@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:36:41 -0700
Nick Bensema wrote:

4. If Jumpman is colliding with a ladder, and his horizontal position lines up, then leaving the joystick centered will cause him to straddle
the [ladder], and moving the joystick up or down will cause him to
climb that direction if possible.

Oh, this rule also explains the difference between pushing up into empty space, and climbing past the top of a ladder. As I recall, in the original Jumpman, the climbing animation would continue but Jumpman would stay put, resulting in a little dance.

I also corrected the typo: he doesn't straddle the joystick, he straddles the ladder.

I don't know why he hangs off the side of a ladder sometimes.

When I have a weekend with nothing to do, maybe I'll pick apart Jumpman Jr or something.