RE: [stella] incoming source

Subject: RE: [stella] incoming source
From: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:23:30 -0600
> Paul Slocum wrote:
>
> > This looks like the next addition to the Advanced Programmer's
> > Guide.  Mind if I clean it up a little and add it?
>
> If you think it fits into there, sure.
>
> Have fun!
> Thomas

Neat random number generator.  I was curious how random the output could be,
so attached is a web page that shows the output of the routine.  I only
meant for it to be for personal use, but the routine was so short and sweet
that I ended up practicing some CSS junk on it and decided to share it. :)

-Lee
(Only tested in IE... sorry.)
Title: Untitled Document

Tiny 6502 Random Number Generator Demo

This demo shows the output of this routine using the supplied seed and constant values.

		lda random      ; initialize to non-zero at start
		lsr
		bcs .skipEor
		eor #constant   ; various values possible here
.skipEor:
		sta random
Seed: Iterations:
Constant: Output:
6502 code posted by T. Jentzsch on [Stella]. This page over-engineered by L. Fastenau.