Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon playable (Sort of...)

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon playable (Sort of...)
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:40:51 +0100
Hi there!

So I survived another Christmas. Unfortunately my wife bought "Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap" for me, I hope it doesn't slow down the development of CB too much... ;-)

David Galloway wrote:
I'm confused by the 160 double width pixels. That's just 40 pixels correct?

40 PF "bits". Each PF bit is 4 pixels wide and 40*4=160. And they're not square, that's why I'm refering to them as "double width" (I think it's like the C64 hires modes (320*200) vs. the multicolor ones (160*200) - in the multicolor modes the pixels are twice as wide)

David Galloway wrote:
BTW - game is good. I never played the original arcade game but it reminds me of "Irritating Stick" on the Playstation and more recently Kuru Kuru Kururin on the GBA.

It's very similar to Kuru..., yes :-)

David Galloway wrote:
I'm working on an whimsical little VCS game myself, hope to have a beta either right after Christmas or early next year, I will post it..

Cool!

Greetings,
	Manuel