notBD 0.1 - Bitmapped screen demo -- "Scrolling"

Subject: notBD 0.1 - Bitmapped screen demo -- "Scrolling"
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:51:43 +1100
Here's a very early testbed of 3E bankswitched bitmap graphics, implemented as a 10x10 character window into a 128 character x 20 character map. The map size is arbitrary, limited only by RAM. Speed is very slow, but I have some major speedups coming (really!). There are some glitches on the screen -- areas I'm avoiding writing for now, for reasons to do with memory/access issues with RAM and page boundary crossing.
The zip file has the latest source, NTSC and PAL demos, and a screenshot.
Note, the graphics are arbitrary mockups, and there's a woofin screen shake there, which I currently am unable to find. Have a look at the source code, though -- it's an amazing system in action. There may be a lot of dead-wood in there, and don't believe all the comments :)
Those with Krokodile Kart, or Cuttle Cart 2 will be able to view the binaries -- or those with the rumoured Z26 that supports 3E mode. All others will have to drool over the screenshot ;)
Cheers