Jawbreaker disassembly

Subject: Jawbreaker disassembly
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:13:36 -0800 (PST)
Hi there,

Here is another game done outside the Atari gene pool for the archives.

Hopefully you can follow this well enough. John had a lot of jumps in the
kernel so hopefully I labeled it okay. He also used some variables for the
toothbrush sound and they were also used to determine if it was time to
change the toothbrush's direction. I just labeled these as sound indexes.

I found the movement routines to be interesting in this game. John used
the actual HMOVE | COARSE_POSITION for the positioning. He didn't use
separate variables. So when he was to move the object to the right he
would add 16 to the value and if there was an overflow he'd add 15 to it.

He also used fractional delay values to control the game speed.
Unfortunately the PAL version didn't adjust these values so the PAL game
runs slower than NTSC.

Take care,
Dennis