SwitchDraw (was: Re: [stella] NOT skipdraw)

Subject: SwitchDraw (was: Re: [stella] NOT skipdraw)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:42:17 -0500
I wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry, there where a few bugs in the code.

> Works only for kernels where y (or x) is the row counter (counting
> down) and doesn't start larger than 127.

I forget to mention, that you can save tow more cycles, if the drawing
routine is a bit longer (e.g. updating colors too).

Then you can do:
  cpy   switch  ; 3
  bpl   .switch ; 23

.switch:        ; 6
  bne   .wait   ; 23

So, that leaves only 5(!) cycles for determining if you have to draw
the player or not (and saves 4-5 cycles compared to SkipDraw). I don't
think this will get much shorter.

BTW: I think I will call that code "SwitchDraw" ;-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |