Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:16:57 -0500
> I think javascript is a decent choice, though
> unfortunately it requires clicks for each block rather than acting
> more like a paint program. (Hmm, also, for stuff like positioning the
> player it might be tough if those elements can't be placed "tile wise"

The Reflex level editor supports click-and-drag "painting" and is written entirely in JavaScript.  Also tested in both IE and FireFox.

While a big part of a Crazy Balloon editor would be tile-based, balloon placement could be handled separately.  It could follow its own set of rules for positioning and actually overlay the tile graphics using CSS.

-Lee "JavaScript is FUN" Fastenau