Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon Update
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:34:01 -0500
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:16:57 -0500, Lee Fastenau <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think javascript is a decent choice, though
>
> > unfortunately it requires clicks for each block rather than acting

> The Reflex level editor supports click-and-drag "painting" and is written entirely in JavaScript.  Also tested in both IE and FireFox.

Well, your javascript-fu is bit better than mine...but are you just
coloring in table elements as big pixels?  I wonder if it would work
if it had to use images...I'm a little wary of doing a whole
pixel-painting-with-table elements for title work, though maybe I'm
just old fashioned like that.

> While a big part of a Crazy Balloon editor would be tile-based, balloon placement could be handled separately.  It could follow its own set of rules for positioning and actually overlay the tile graphics using CSS.
>
> -Lee "JavaScript is FUN" Fastenau

It's the CSS I'm more slow on, come to think of it.  Sometimes I
realize I'm still mentally stuck on those dark ages where everything
kind of had to work on Netscape 4.7 as well....

Manuel, let us know if this perks your interest.

-Kirk "someday I should update that PF and Player editor as well" Israel