Re: [stella] Dumping ROM images

Subject: Re: [stella] Dumping ROM images
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:15:26 -0500
> I was thinking of something less complicated on the 2600 end.
>
> while(1)
> {
>   get address and number of bytes to read from right joystick port
>   read the data at that address
>   send the data out the right joystick port
> }
>
> Then all the bankswitching logic can be resident on the PC end.

That's actually what DevOS/7800CTRL are doing too, but I think
the whole routine is a bit bigger than 128 bytes. It might be
possible to shrink it down enough though, if I removed stuff
that doesn't make sense in the 2600's 128 bytes of RAM anyway,
like the possibility to transfer special routines to the 7800
and execute them there. I'd have to look at the code again.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg