Re: [stella] 262 scanline kernel is rolling

Subject: Re: [stella] 262 scanline kernel is rolling
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:12:19 -0500
Also, you do need some DC level reference before and after the
vsync pulses, otherwise the sync extraction won't know what is
the voltage threshold for sync pulses.  If you aren't changing
the luma values it should be ok, I think.  But just to be sure
the TV can sync properly, you should add 3 VBLANK lines before
VSYNC and 3 lines after.

Some TVs are just *really* picky.  This is why I was surprised
that pacman and outlaw wait so long to blank the display??  Oh
well.....

-Chris