Re: [stella] Random seed

Subject: Re: [stella] Random seed
From: Fabrizio Zavagli <fabrizio.zavagli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:41:12 -0400
Hello Dennis!

On 4/14/05, Dennis Debro <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fab,
> It's nice to see you back!

Thanks! I really enjoy it too! :)

> > So here's my request for help: anyone has an idea on how to get a random
> seed on powerup?
>
> I adopted the technique used in Berzerk for Climber 5. I loaded y with
> INTIM at startup, cleared the RAM, and then set the random seed to y. This
> seemed to work fine.

Yep, this works fine indeed on z26.. I'm just a bit sad the CC doesn't
like it. It's logical since the binary I load on it is not the first
thing being executed by the 2600 since powerup, that's why I was
looking for a different solution, but I'll probably use this one in
the end since my theory is not turning out to be good...!

Thanks again and regards!
Fabrizio.-