RE: [stella] M-4 port

Subject: RE: [stella] M-4 port
From: "Bob Montgomery" <BobM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:25:56 -0400
>> Any suggestions/comments are welcome.  I hope to cram this down
>> into 1K eventually, so optimization tips are extra-appreciated!

>Well, I gave you my "jetpack" idea...but then again that seem to be my
>answer for improving almost every game ;-)

I have noticed that, :D

>The 1K goal is interesting to me. I guess I kind of understand people
>grooving on the intellectual challenge of it, and also there has been
>the 1K section of the minigame compo.  Flipside is, I'd much rather
>see more "bloated" games than fewer "lean and mean" games, because
>it's hard to strip down a ROM, and also I have a nagging suspicion
>it's almost an excuse not to make games more aesthetically pleasing.

The minigame compo is in the back of my mind but mostly
I like playing with little ideas because:
(a) the challenge of fitting a game in 1K
(b) it is a nice break from bigger projects

Plus, M-4 is basically Combat only simpler.  Combat fits in 2K -
if I can't fit M-4 in 2K or less I would be somewhat ashamed... :)

-bob