Re: [stella] WIP: PlayerPal v2.0

Subject: Re: [stella] WIP: PlayerPal v2.0
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:16:08 -0400
On 5/16/05, Andrew Davie <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Speaking of work, once your boulderdash-esque game reaches some level
> > of completition, do you see yourself adding more tutorials?

> But also, I see many people have started programming since our tutorials.  I
> think they give people the start they need, and more complex stuff may not
> be necessary anyway.

That could be. I'm always so giddy when I hear about some
up-and-come-er who mentions using 2600101 or one of my editors.

In terms of complex stuff, I see what you mean but I still think
there's a need for capturing some of the best practices that might be
buried in [stella] archives -- I was trying to do that with 2600
Cookbook,
http://alienbill.com/2600/cookbook/

I might try to engulf all the good stuff from Slocum's "Atari 2600
Advanced Programming Guide "
http://www.qotile.net/minidig/docs/2600_advanced_prog_guide.txt

Incidentally, the invitation is still open if anyone would like to add
articles to the cookbook.