RE: [stella] 2P x 3 digit score routines?

Subject: RE: [stella] 2P x 3 digit score routines?
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:35:38 -0400
> As Thomas knows, he worked on an amazing new scoring routine for me which
> gives me two independant 4-digit scores on each half of the screen.   A
> very
> short MPG of this in action is at
> http://www.taswegian.com/TwoHeaded/Atari2600/notbd16may2005scoring.mpg --
> the left side showing D= with a diamond count and the right side showing 4
> digits of move #.
> Thanks Thomas, once again.  Amazing stuff.
> Cheers

(...and this is all still running on a stock VCS? :)

Something I planned on doing in Reflex for scores that go over the 6-digit
display limit was adding some sort of indicator like 1m, 2m, etc. or even
just displaying tick marks indicating millions of points.

Depending on the point system in (not) BD, you might require something
similar.  If clearing a (not) dirt block gets you 1 point and clearing (not)
diamonds gets you 10 or so, that score can shoot up there pretty fast.
That's just the nature and the promise of (not) BD: White-knuckled,
high-scoring action.

Anyway, I'm sure you've not thought of this and I've completely blindsided
you with this new requirement.  Good luck getting past this one and try not
to get too discouraged. :)

-Lee