Re: [stella] VCS C programming

Subject: Re: [stella] VCS C programming
From: Paul Slocum <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:16:18 -0400
One of my friends who does NES programming told me he's been using some
sort of 6502 BASIC.  And it turns out it's like a really fancy macro
assembler with a bunch of high level macros.  Maybe what would work best
would be a C/assembly hybrid language designed specifically for the
2600.  It allows some high level stuff to make things easier to manage, but
also allows straight 6502 assembly.  It'd be especially cool if you could
just mix the higher level stuff with the assembly (no "inline"
directive).  I don't think you could do many useful kernels without
assembly, but there are times that it would be nice to have higher level
code for the game logic.

Although the most useful tool to speed up development would probably be a
source-level debugger.  ;o)

-paul