Re: [stella] Games using unofficial opcodes

Subject: Re: [stella] Games using unofficial opcodes
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:01:15 -0400
I'd be interested in knowing how early the use of
illegal opcodes started and for which platforms.  I
vaguely recall that the practice may have originated
in the C=64 'scene'.

I'm actually surprised that Activision or Imagic never
used them.  They might not have known about them.

We can use them because we know that (in retrospect)
all 2600 systems out there handle them the same way.
But back then if they were aware of them, maybe they
thought that not all 2600 systems would work right
(like the various system changers).

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html