Re: [stella] spacewar-ish work in progress

Subject: Re: [stella] spacewar-ish work in progress
From: "Aaron" <stella-receiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:29:43 -0400
richbon-lists4800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

>  Hey Gang...
>
>   I posted an earlier version of this a few weeks ago if anyone recalls.
> The ships still don't shoot or anything, but they zip around quite
> nicely. The view also zooms out when the ships get too far apart. And
> the thing that I'm most impressed with at the moment (if I do say so
> myself) is getting the starfield to move around in a convincing manner.
> That was an evil problem to get nailed down and working right. It's the
> ball graphic hmoved like crazy and turned on once every sixteen lines.
> I was really excited about that and had to show it off...

I must have missed this the last time around, but I like it, the stars
look nice.  One thing I would suggest is to make the zoom a little
"softer", so it doesn't jump back and forth when you go too fast.  Like
you could have it set up so that it only zooms back in if the ships are
consistently at close range for ~3 seconds.  The way it is now is a little
disorienting, especially combined with the wrap-around edges.

-Aaron