Re: [stella] spacewar-ish work in progress

Subject: Re: [stella] spacewar-ish work in progress
From: <richbon-lists4800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:42:56 -0400
> I must have missed this the last time around, but I like it, the stars
> look nice.  One thing I would suggest is to make the zoom a little
> "softer", so it doesn't jump back and forth when you go too fast.
Like
> you could have it set up so that it only zooms back in if the ships
are
> consistently at close range for ~3 seconds.  The way it is now is a
little
> disorienting, especially combined with the wrap-around edges.

Yeah, what I really need to do is set maximum speed limits for the
ships, because as it is, they can just reach rediculous speeds and jump
all over the place.  If I kept them from going too fast, the jump
wouldn't be so bad.  But that's an interesting idea.  Maybe only let it
zoom in if their speed relative to each other is under a certain
threshold.

-Rich