RE: [stella] Stella 2.0 alpha 1 available

Subject: RE: [stella] Stella 2.0 alpha 1 available
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:22:46 -0400
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Fred Quimby wrote:

> Cool!  I'm already finding this very handy, especially the memory window -
> all 128 bytes at a glance!

The latest version of the code adds Label, Decimal, and Binary fields
below the grid. These fields show you the label (if any), decimal value,
and binary value of the currenty-selected location... Should make it
even more useful.

> I'll hold off reporting bugs in Alpha 1 until then... I assume the obvious
> ones will be fixed (?)

Well, for some defintion of "obvious", yes :)

The 2 major ones in Alpha 1 are in the "disasm" command: the hex bytes
are totally wrong, and the zero,x addressing mode prints the wrong
operand. Also there's a bug in the symbol file loader that keeps it from
working if a file contains any symbol names longer than 24 characters.
All 3 of these have been fixed now.

We're planning to release Alpha 2 sometime Sunday, BTW. If you aren't in
a hurry, you can just wait until then and see if the bugs are fixed. If
they're not, let us know then...

--
B.